Monday, July 29, 2013

Not Your Average Treat // Black Bean Protein Brownies

Let me start off by saying that this recipe you are about to read is EXTREMELY easy! (That's always a plus in my mind.) Secondly, these little treats pack a PUNCH! And thirdly, they are DELICIOUS!

Ok, enough with the capslock. On to the important stuff...

These brownies are unlike no others because I ate one as a post workout snack! It has enough protein to keep me satisfied and some carbs to refuel. 

Like I said before; this recipe is a piece of cake brownie. (Yes, the pun was intended.)
It consists of 8 ingredients, all of which need to be pulsed in a food processor and slapped in a pan. So naturally, this post will not be a very long one.




What You'll Need:
  • 1 can of black beans
  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 2 tbls./scoops of your favorite chocolate protein powder
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocao powder
  • 1/2 egg beaters
  • 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3 tbls. agave nectar (honey or stevia would work well here as well, just play around with the amount you prefer!) 
To Prepare:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and drain and rinse the black beans. Add to a food processor along with the oats, protein powder, cocao powder, egg beaters, coconut oil, vanilla and agave nectar. Pulse until smooth and completely combined. Remove the mixture and place in a baking dish of your choice. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool, cut and enjoy!








  Are you up for trying a dessert with beans in it? 
  If you try these please let me know! 

 

4 comments:

  1. mmmmm I love black bean brownies! I think I prefer them to regular ones because they are so gooey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I have made similar brownies like this before and loved them. I will have to try out your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum those look so delicious! What a great recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would absolutely try these!!! I've made a great peanut butter cookies with chickpeas before. I love the idea of incorporating beans for good protein! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete