CALLING ALL PICKLE LOVERS!If you are like me, you could go for a nice and juicy, crunchy dill spear at pretty much anytime of the day. (Yes, I said anytime)
I absolutely love any and all type of pickles. I discovered my immense love for the sweet and tangy morsels when I was a small child and I have since tried to master the art of making them myself.
I found these cute little guys at the store yesterday and in that moment I knew that I had to try my luck at another batch. Just look at them, how adorable! And perfect for pickling.
What You'll Need:*
- 1 pound of cucumbers (in the form that you prefer; sliced, whole, ect)
- 3 whole cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper or 1/2 whole black pepper corns
- 1 tsp. whole mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp. pickling spice (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. dill weed (I used dried, but fresh would be even better!)
- 1/3-2/3 cups sweetener (I used honey, but brown sugar works as well)
- 6 tbls. white wine vinegar
- 6 tbls. white distilled vinegar
Add the first 6 ingredients to a 2 quart jar.
Mix the honey/sugar and vinegars in a separate bowl to combine.
Add the liquid to the jar and shake well.
Place in the fridge for at least 24 hours, but they will become better in time!
*recipe inspiration from http://www.pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/2012/07/from-homesteading-journal.html
These little guys would make the perfect side for a nice sandwich at lunch time! Enjoy!