Sunday, October 13, 2013

Warm and Cozy // Clean Pumpkin Bread

Happy fall everyone! I have been MIA since summer time, but life got crazy really quickly. But, I wanted to start posting again because I've been cooking and baking away.

Since fall is my favorite season, I wanted to pay homage to the most quintessential autumn ingredient; pumpkin. This bread is SUPER easy to make, extremely delicious and it works perfectly for all my clean eaters!





What You'll Need: 
  • 1/3 c coconut oil, melted
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg + 1 tbs egg whites
  • 1/4 c honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla 
  • 1 1/4 c spelt flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda 
  • pumpkin pie spice  
  • cane sugar and cinnamon (optional)
What To Do:  

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and grease a bread pan. Combine the first 5 ingredients (wet) in a bowl and mix well. Add the next 3 ingredients (dry) to the wet and mix well to combine until a dough is formed. Place dough into the pan and sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top (if using) and bake for 45-50 minutes.
Makes 8 servings or slices.

Nutrition Info: 
185 calories, 9.4g of fat, 23g carbs, 9.7g sugar, 3g protein

I absolutely love this bread and it makes the house smell so good after you bake. It is so simple that I hope you'll give it try! It is a just enough of a treat to curb anyone's sweet tooth :)

Are you a fan of pumpkin? 
What have you been baking lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment